Monday, February 27, 2012

Guest: The Lord of Gondor by Aridor Arthain

Rate:
What did our ranger Aridor Arthain find here in the north? Kinsmen long forgotten defending a ruined city against a long forgotten foe. A rising threat that must be stopped lest it march south upon the rear of Gondor. The dirty ranger sheds his greens and browns for the raiment of war. A lord of Gondor, son of Númenor he fights endlessly to aid his kinsmen in the City of Kings. Wearing Heraldry awarded by Elendil he now fights to protect Elendil’s city.


Aridor said about this outfit: "This outfit is Aridor in his full heraldic armor. The blues mark his family’s link to the sea and the golden eagle represents their service to the kings of Númenor. The cloak bares the white tree of Gondor emblazoned on the blue field of the Arthains. The cloak was what really started this outfit. Nearly a year ago I found it and knew I had the key piece I needed for my character’s Gondorian noble look. I’ve spent forever trying to find all the right pieces to make a heavy armor look that avoided all the weird overly spikey armors. When I hit Mirkwood and found Tarchar, I knew I had the next piece. It is in my opinion the best most realistic helm in game. It looks so much like the movie’s helms for Elendil and Isildur that I knew I had to use it. The other armor pieces were chosen from the new RoI cosmetics for their plain steel look. I really wanted to avoid a fantasy look in the armor so these were perfect."

Chest: Hauberk of the Eagle's Crest, gold dye (Store)
Helm:
Tarchar, gold dye (Mirkwood barter)
Shoulders:
Hydre-axle, white dye (Dunland quest)
Hands:
Hydre-folme, grey dye (Dunland quest)
Feet:
Battered Dunlanding Boots, grey dye (Dunland quest)
Back:
Radiant Cloak, Evendim blue dye (T5 crafted)

3 comments:

  1. Great story, and as he says a very practical armour set without mad spiky bits. It's nice to see the White Tree worn by someone who has the right to display it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hauberk its very gondorian to my eyes. Its a great outfit, right for a noble captain of Gondor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's most annoying when someone else beats you to the finish line. I am missing the feet and helm but otherwise my design is nearly the same. I used white dye on the hauberk along with the Wigfeld. I was going for a Swan knight of Dol Amrotth look. Kudos to you on an excellent outfit.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...