Friday, March 2, 2012

Guest: The Citadel by Argendauss

Rate:
Argendauss' reputation as a captain of Free People precedes him. His is most renowned for his versatility - his fellows can always rely on his blade, shield and morale-boosting speeches. To stand as a citadel against waves of enemies, he is properly equipped by armour made of steel and gold, which even the most precise blows with a spear cannot pierce.

Argendauss said about this outfit: "The inspiration for the outfit was the Shield of Endless Heroics, a drop from the Erulian Campaign of skirmishes. It has this sky blue coloring to it that was a challenge to match, but I found that the Cloak of the Silver Star and Head-Cage played very well with it. The chest piece I've chosen even has very faint lines tinted light-blue running across the center of it, though those lines look more silvery in the screenshots I'm submitting. For the rest of the outfit, I have silver and gold. I had to do gold because Head-cage is gold even when dyed white. The pieces from OD all have this fantastic metallic gold coloring which I was happy to incorporate into the outfit."

Chest: Breastplate of the Rallying Shout, white dye (Moria level 60 captain purple set; shares appearance with T6 crafted Armour of the Galadhrim)
Legs: Lesser Defender of the West Leggings, white dye (Ost Dunhoth warden level 65 set)
Head: Head-cage, white dye (Drop from Grand Stairs, Igash)
Shoulders: Lesser Cry of the West Shoulder Guards, white dye (Ost Dunhoth captain level 65 set)
Hands: Stoutheart's Gauntlets, white dye (Moria level 60 captain purple set; shares appearance with T6 crafted Gauntlets of the Galadhrim)
Feet: Officer's Boots, white dye (T6 crafted; available as T6 crafted heavy armour under different names)
Back: Cloak of the Silver Star, white dye (Store)
Shield: Shield of Endless Heroics (Drop from Erulian Campaign skirmish raid)

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love that shield so much! I wish we had shield cosmetic slots. Nice combination of the Lorien chest with the West leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this outfit!! The helm and shoulders look like they were made to go together. Fantastic job Argenauss! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, sorry for the typo in your name, Argendauss!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring this, Frey! Nice write up on it, too :)

    I swapped back to Halberd for tanking, and I'm looking to get this shield:
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Armour:Tempered_Round_Combat_Shield_of_the_Master
    for raid healing, so I might be seeing less of this outfit :(. Which is sad 'cause I'm particularly proud of how this one turned out. I had to do some formatting of this post and its long url link, because it looked goofy in the comment I deleted.

    Thank you so much for the compliments! The shoulder's are really cool, huh? Its just too bad they clip with bulkier stuff. Full helms are my favorite, and Head-Cage is one of the many good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice outfit. Shields are so frustrating: you just work out a new armour look and then you get a shield with better stats which ruins it. Yes, if only we had cosmetic shields. The Head Cage looks good here though. I tried it on as a dwarf but it looked flat on top and blockish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to see a helmet that actually looks like it covers the throat somewhat.. it's the only issue I see constantly with heavy armour.. and I'm not a big fan of the dunland cosmetic head piece that is based on a chainmail coif sadly...

    Everytime I'm using my guardian I wonder how the mobs don't just shoot her right in the throat :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm I love these legs! I need more Medallions of North-Men!!! Great outfit :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...